Volunteers must be a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania. There are no other specific degree or work experience requirements. However, volunteers must be able to attend 3 in-person meetings with their project team and client.
Projects last approximately 8-10 weeks with Spring projects running early March through mid-May and Fall projects running early October through mid-December.
- Consultants spend 3-5 hours of time/week on projects; Team Leaders and Deputy Team Leaders give approximately 2 more hours/week
- 3 in-person client meetings: Kickoff, Midterm and Final
- Weekly team calls
- Teams may elect to hold in-person meeting(s) before Midterm Review and/or Final Presentation
- Meetings are held in Manhattan
- Daytime and Evening project team opportunities
- There are 6 volunteers on each team: Team Leader, Deputy Team Leader and 4 Consultants.
- The teams are structured to leverage participation of alumni with and without relevant experience.
- Staffing priority is given to those applying for Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader positions.
- Often, we have more consultant applications than we have space on our teams; if you are not initially selected to serve on a client project when you first apply, you will be given priority for future project cycles.
- Interested in a leadership role? Learn more.