PennPAC VOLUNTEER AGREEMENT
1. Code of Professionalism:
- I agree to honor my commitment to PennPAC to dedicate the time necessary and complete my assignments in good faith and with a strong sense of professionalism. I will provide consistent, high quality work and, with a team spirit, work with PennPAC team members to collectively meet milestones laid out in the Project Outlines and Workplans.
- I will do my best to appropriately prepare for and attend project meetings and calls, conduct myself professionally in these settings, and complete follow-up tasks as expected.
- If my circumstances change and I cannot complete my assignments in the timeframe expected, I will provide prompt notice to the appropriate PennPAC Team Leader, Liaison, or Executive Board member.
- I will treat all privileged information from non-profits or PennPAC as confidential. Privileged information includes financial, personnel, donor information or other proprietary information disclosed to me belonging to PennPAC, its nonprofit clients, or from third parties who have provided confidential or proprietary information in connection with PennPAC project work. I will use confidential or proprietary information only for certain, limited purposes in connection with PennPAC work and will take all reasonable measures to hold this information in the strictest confidence and not to disclose it except as necessary in carrying out my PennPAC work. I will not use it in an unauthorized way. I agree to return any confidential information or data to PennPAC or a nonprofit client at PennPAC's request.
- I will not utilize or bring any third-party confidential information to PennPAC including that of my current or former employer. I will avoid any conflict of interests and avoid using my employer's office or company resources for any PennPAC work without my employer's permission.
- I understand that PennPAC is a program of PennPAC, Inc. While Penn PAC volunteers are alumni of the University of Pennsylvania, PennPAC, Inc. is a separately incorporated 501(c)3 non-profit organization, not affiliated with or controlled in any way by the University of Pennsylvania.
- I will hold PennPAC and its affiliates, the non-profits and their affiliates and other volunteers as harmless for any results incurred as a result of my participation as a volunteer, including, but not limited to the failure of the project to meet expectations in any way. I understand and agree to assume all risks of injury or death associated with my participation in PennPAC and interaction with its clients including but not limited to any injuries while at PennPAC meetings or traveling to and from PennPAC business.
- I will be solely responsible for any costs incurred during the project unless otherwise indicated. These include but are not limited to the cost of printing and copying, research, and travel to and from meetings.
- I understand that PennPAC strictly prohibits discrimination or harassment of any kind. Furthermore, I understand that PennPAC has no control over and is not liable for the conduct of its volunteers or the employees of its nonprofit clients.
- I understand that any contact I have with nonprofit clients that is beyond the scope of the PennPAC assignment is outside of my role as a PennPAC volunteer and that such contact is not endorsed, authorized or controlled by PennPAC in any way.
4. Work Product:
- As a pro bono consultant, I understand that I will not receive any financial reimbursements for the work I do, any time spent on PennPAC work, or any expenses incurred during my volunteer time with PennPAC. Any work product I prepare on behalf of PennPAC, i.e. documents, data, materials, etc. unless otherwise agreed, becomes the property of PennPAC. I will not enter into any agreement for paid work with a current nonprofit client during the project engagement period.
5. Media Release:
- I grant PennPAC the right to photograph or record me and utilize the product in any media forum or any other way that PennPAC sees fit.
This Agreement serves as an understanding of the terms between myself and PennPAC, Inc. This agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the law of the State of New York.